Best application to Burn .dmg images on DVD DL

Reaction score
Hello there - World.
I've been having the following issue for more than a week now, I can not burn a DVD DL disc on my MacBook Pro. I have tried, - The Disk Utility, - Toast Titanium 9 with HD/Blue Ray plug In, - Image Burner, - Magic ISO and GBurner in Windows and nothing has worked for me thus far. I have Mac OS X 10.4.

My goal is to burn a .dmg image to a DVD DL disc, and yes, my software updates are up to date on my MacBook Pro. What other, better burning software can you recommend. Thanks so much in advance. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You seem to have tries a lot of options, are the Disks +R DL or - R DL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
under the  menu > About this mac > more info

in the system profiler, under Burn, it should tell you which formats your burner supports

OP
G
Reaction score
The system profiler states the following:
Disk Burning: DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
According to this, I should be able to burn DVD +R DL discs, Am I wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What error are you getting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
Try with -R they always work for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How are you going about it? Have you tried moving the .dmg image to the left hand column of Disk Utility, selecting this and with a DL disc in the computer, hitting the burn icon?

OP
G
Reaction score
Harryb2448 -I have done just that, and the .dmg image does burn. However, it burns as a .dmg image not as an application ready to be install. What am I doing wrong?
I want to burn this .dmg image to a dvd dl disc or a two-set of dvd discs as an application ready to be install. In other words, after burning this .dmg image to a dvd, I want to insert this dvd in my Mac and see the actual application not the .dmg image, for this .dmg is 7.1 GB. Please help, thanks in advance to all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
gromex10,

You did say, "My goal is to burn a .dmg image to a DVD DL disc" - sounds like you did that! Now you're saying you want to see the application and not the .dmg file. If you have and burn an image, it will be an exact copy of what you started with, ie., a .dmg file... So just burn it then when you put it in the CD/DVD drive and it mounts, you'll see the .dmg file, then double click it to see the app. No?

Do I mis-understand?

Maybe you want to double click the .dmg file, get the app file, then do an image of it...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
i use disc utility/ finder

make a new burn folder

take the .dmg file and while holding alt/option (otherwise it will only create an alias) drag to the burn folder. insert disc (if not already) and click burn.

tell me how it works out with this method

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh well that is not what you asked us lol. Double click on the disc image file and it opens to the application. Open Toast, select data, and drag the application folder on to Toast and it should be displayed there. Pop in your DL disc and burn.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.