Updated to Leopard....how do i get iLife back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Hi guys,

I just updated to Leopard on my macbook, but im wondering how to get iLife back? i read in the upgrade FAQ that it can be found on the recovery discs i got when i bought my macbook, but when i insert the recovery discs and click "installed bundled software" it only has images of iChat, Mail, Finder, Dashboard and Spotlight...no mention of iLife. I dont want to re-install any of these obviously. Am i missing something here?
Thanks,

Luke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Maybe iLife doesn't come on the restore disks, only on the new mac?

You could always use Pacifist on your restore disk to see if iLife is hidden somewhere on the disk

If you have paid for iLife, consider contacting Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
It sounds to me like you did a fresh install, not an update. The update is not suppose to remove any applications and never has when I've done it.

The iLife apps do not come with the retail OS X discs. So install from the last retail iLife discs you have or from the original install discs you have. I've never had to do that so am unsure. Perhaps the restore disc will do, or just booting into the original install disc will allow for just installing those applications.

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i did a fresh install, sorry, just read back over my first post and realised the confusion.... I dont have any iLife retail discs, i was relying on posts i read on other threads that said i could get iLife off of the discs that came with my MacBook when i bought it, but i cant seem to find iLife within those discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
you should be able to get ilife off of the install discs, are you sure its not there? if they are really not there i would consider contacting apple because they really should be there.

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
where would i be looking? i insert the install disc, and my two options (other than text documents etc) are "Install OS X (Tiger)" or "Install Additional Software". When i open the additional software it doesnt mention anything about iLife, only iChat, Mail.

ok....installing the stuff now....its installing iLife, but only other problem is that its also decided to install the MSOffice04 Test Drive...even though i already have a purchased copy installed. i hope this doesnt cause any problems. will be finished in about 25mins.

OP
lukenn77
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok....install's all done. didnt seem to cause any problems. iLife is all up and running. Thanks for the confirmation guys....i guess i was just a bit wary of hitting install incase it messed up anything already on my computer.
thanks again,
Luke

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.