Dual Booting a G5.... Help Please

H

Hearny

Hey guys,
My XP recently kicked the bucket, hard. Burntout some internals, needless to say FUBAR. Came across a barely used G5 and was wondering if i can dual boot it with windows and OSX, only because 90% of my programs and utilities are windows only. Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers,
Hearny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The G5 cannot use Boorcamp or Parralells, its only the intel macs that can run windows properly

The only way to run windows on a G5 is to use something like Virtual PC, but that being emulation software you will get the performance of a rather old pentuim machine out of it.

So, unless you plan to find OS X alternatives to your apps, I wouldn't run windows on a G5

But if you want to ask anybody here if there are good OS X alternatives to your most used software then just ask

OP
H

Hearny

Oh bugger. Thought that might be the case but was hoping otherwise :) The G5 didnt actually cost me anything so i guess i could afford to buy a modest windows computer aswell. Thanks for your fast response and help.
Cheers mate,
Hearny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.