• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD error message

Reaction score
Greetings

This extremely frustrating and I'm a loss to figure out how to resolve it....

I'm using Tiger and iDVD 06, of course. I'm on an Intel iMac.

I have very successfully created DVDs before, but now in iDVD, when I've encoded everything and I'm at the burning stage, I'm getting a rather stark message along the lines 'Errors were encountered...'

A couple of things. If I pop in a DVD+R (this is the format that I've used in the past), Toast, or whatever I've selected, will launch. If I go to Finder, there is no sign of the DVD, nor is there one on the Desktop....

I have to go to Disk Utility to eject the disk (or close Toast, if selected).

I do have Parallels installed but not running.

I've tried this with a number of different disks and the same problem occurs.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks Mitcherooney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
To isolate the problem, do a Save As Disc Image. This will allow you to figure out if the error is during the DVD asset creation time, or during the burn process. After creating the disc image, use toast to do a burn.

Reaction score
RE: DVD error !!!

Hi, I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us.

Thanks a lot!

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
Greetings

Sorry for being slow with this reply....

Before I read your replies, I got hold of a pack of DVD-Rs to try and tried one of them. Lo and behold it worked! So I'm still confused as to precisely what went on.

As you will know, the encoding takes forever, so it was with much relief when finally I got a sensible result. I will bear in mind the idea about saving the project as an image file in the future.

Thanks for you replies. Cheers M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.