USB Sound (for powerbook)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i just picked up a 5.1 speaker system and can only use most of it due to the limitations on the PB sound card....(only cost me 15 bones so i figured id just get it and then spend some money on something to get it to work)

i was wondering if anybody know of any usb external sound cards that they would recomend to me?

TIA
-chris

B

Badger

You might investigate Griffin Technology's iMic. It connects through the USB and handles both input and output. It is a major improvement over the internal sound output but I don't know if it will give you full support for 5.1. From my own setup I know it works well with a 2.1 system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It won't give you 5.1. sound.

I'd recommend taking a look at a different device tbo. Can't really recommend anything except the hercules pocket muse.

It works with pc & mac, except that using mac you can't import audio at 44.1. Khz, only at 48 Khz which makes it useless to me (Garageband only imports at 44.1. Khz)

But it does feature full 5.1. speaker support, so maybe take a look...

S

sukhjeet

Aptmunich said:
It won't give you 5.1. sound.

I'd recommend taking a look at a different device tbo. Can't really recommend anything except the hercules pocket muse.

It works with pc & mac, except that using mac you can't import audio at 44.1. Khz, only at 48 Khz which makes it useless to me (Garageband only imports at 44.1. Khz)

But it does feature full 5.1. speaker support, so maybe take a look...

the Hercules pocket muse does not support 5.1 sound on macs

read carefully at
tp://us.hercules.com/products/showpage.php?p=84&b=1&f=1 (outdated link removed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.