Writing DVDs

W

WaHiL

Hey,

I'm new here and to macs. I was just hoping to find out how to write DVDs. Like how I can conert MPEG files I have intp the format needed for DVD or AVI files etc

and also how do I backup my DVDs I own, will they have encryption codes which wont allow it?

Thanks

OP
H

hokiethang

WaHiL said:
Hey,

I'm new here and to macs. I was just hoping to find out how to write DVDs. Like how I can conert MPEG files I have intp the format needed for DVD or AVI files etc

and also how do I backup my DVDs I own, will they have encryption codes which wont allow it?

Thanks

You need quicktime pro to convert mpg files to mov files. Then you can author the dvd with iDVD.

Backing up dvds you own is a problem, they do have encryption on the discs that prevent you from being able to copy the data. I have yet to see any tool on the mac that allows the "legal" dvd copying.

OP
T

The Dragon

For the mpg thing try toast 6 (commercial) or capty cd/dvd (also commercial) IDVD or DVD studio pro will work to.
for backing up your DVD's witch is as far as i know legal
refer to copying dvd's tutorial thread by skad witch is easy and a clear manual.
Good luck and have fun witch writing dvd's

Reaction score
For the mpg thing try toast 6 () or capty cd/ (also commercial) IDVD or DVD studio pro will work to.
for backing up your DVD's witch is as far as i know legal
refer to copying dvd's tutorial thread by skad witch is easy and a clear manual.
Good luck and have fun witch writing dvd's

do you have a link to that tutorial thread by skad ?
cuz i cant find it :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.