parallels with or without bootcamp

Reaction score
Is it better to run parallels with or without bootcamp? I used it with bootcamp but got a virus on xp so I completely uninstalled it and removed the partition, I didn't like to reboot the computer every time I wanted to use xp so I really only used it with parallels. That is why I was wondering if I needed to use bootcamp or not?

Reaction score
Unless you have a specific need to run XP natively (e.g., accessing a graphics card for gaming or some other specific use), the VM works fine. I started off with a boot camp partition, then installed Fusion - and realized that I had no need to run it natively. But under Parallels (or Fusion), you can run a VM off a boot camp partition so you can run XP without rebooting (won't be native, will be a VM). That preserves the option, but there are some features of Parallels and Fusion (like the snapshot feature on Fusion and a similar one on Parallels) that won't work off a BC partition. You'll have to see what works best for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.