Is Ilife part of Standard Leopard Install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
Hey there,

Just wondering if i reformat everything and then reinstall leopard will it have Ilife (imovie etc)?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
iLife is part of the bundled software that comes with new Macs, but it is not part of Leopard.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did your Mac come with Leopard or did you purchase it later on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
if you re-install leopard with the leopard discs that came with you computer, i-life should be included.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Incorrect.

If you install from these Disks iLife will NOT be included. You have to install it separately from that same Disk after you uninstall Leopard or Tiger using the install optional software selection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Incorrect.

If you install from these Disks iLife will NOT be included. You have to install it separately from that same Disk after you uninstall Leopard or Tiger using the install optional software selection.

actually... (unless leopard is deferent in tiger this way) iLife will be included (unless told not to be) when re-installing with the disks that came with the computer.

It installs the os using one disk, and then when it is done, it asks you to insert disk two which has iLife on it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.