• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hey there. I am new and wanted to introduce myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Macbook, 120 HD, 4 GB RAM
Hey people of Mac-Forums. I am new here and wanted to say hi.

I am the IT Manager at an insurance company in Atlanta. About 7 months ago I needed to buy a new laptop to use in my IT department so I picked up a Macbook since it would run Windoze and all. Well almost instantly I realized that I would rarely run Windoze. I was hooked instantly. All of my negative preconceived notions about Mac were gone.

Although it isn't feasible for my company to switch over 100% to Mac any time soon I personally have no use to ever, EVER buy anything but Macs for myself and my family.

Anyways, I am now hooked on my Mac and love it like I have never loved a computer before. My real love in life (besides my family ;-) is vintage guitars, amps and all that stuff.

So there you have it. That's me in a shell the size of a sunflower seed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Hey welcome aboard. I too switched to Mac's and have since bought two more for my family. Only use Windoze for 1 app that I cannot get for my Mac.

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
Welcome.

I'm just trying to find ways of converting my office but I need to totally get to grips with the things myself lol

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Welcome to the forums, always nice to meet a fellow IT guy. You are not the only person swimming in the Microsoft pond during the day and hanging out with the Mac crowd after hours :)

cwa107, MCSE and dedicated Mac user :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Welcome to mac-forums!

Reaction score
Welcome we are glad to have you. This forum will not only offer friendship but also lots of help, if needed.

OP
VIBROLUX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Macbook, 120 HD, 4 GB RAM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.