Build Time for MBP

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm about to order a 15" MBP from the Canadian Apple website. Only planning on adding iWorks 08 and probably order the airline power cord. That's it. How long would it take Apple Canada to put together my laptop, send it and for me to receive it? I'm assuming it would be fairly fast.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Latest rev. Macbook in white :)
Hello guys,

I'm about to order a 15" MBP from the Canadian Apple website. Only planning on adding iWorks 08 and probably order the airline power cord. That's it. How long would it take Apple Canada to put together my laptop, send it and for me to receive it? I'm assuming it would be fairly fast.

Thanks.

why dont you config your system on the apple site for canada and then look what the ETA is if you order now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
is there an Apple Store in Toronto? Maybe it would be faster to buy it in-store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
There are 4 Apple stores in Canada, 3 of them in Toronto:

Eaton Centre - 220 Yonge Street, Space #3110A, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2H1, (647) 258-0801

Sherway Gardens - 25 The West Mall, Space #1801A, Etobicoke, Ontario M9C 1B8, (416) 646-8489

Yorkdale - 3401 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario M6A 3A1, (416) 785-1776

OP
D
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Thanks for posting.

Went through the ordering process. Found out it would take 8 buisness days if I choose "standard shipping". Which is fine with me. Add another day or two to process the order before shipping and we have roughly business days. Not bad.

Question: If I buy from an Apple Store would they "pre-install" iWorks on the spot? Or would I still be placing an order (but in-person), have to wait and then need to return to pick it up? If so, rather order it online.

And lastly if you read the most recent post "Ordering online sucks" they mention how it took one poster over a month to receive iPod items he ordered online. Have any of you MBP or MB owners had any long waits? Or was it a quick 10 odd days?

Again, I'd love to hear from Torontonians. :)

I could also buy the laptop at a Future Shop (when they start arriving...the new generation with the new processor and iPhone-like touch pad), buy the iWorks 08 software and Airline cord there. Would eliminate the wait time totally. Or chance a longer than 8 day dellivery time (if that happens for laptops).

Reaction score
Question: If I buy from an Apple Store would they "pre-install" iWorks on the spot?

The new Macs come with a trial of iWorks already installed. So if you bought iWorks at the apple store, when you got home all you'd have to do is enter the serial number, so it's pretty easy.

I've ordered both my iMacs online and haven't had any problems. I live in the States though, but I don't see why it would be different for our Canadian brethren :) But sometimes I did wish that I had just picked it up in the store. 8 days doesn't sound like a lot, but they'll be the longest 8 days of your life. I would track it obsessively.

OP
D
Reaction score
Terrific!! iWorks trial version already installed. I suppose that just means that if I wanted to keep it beyond the 30-days trial period I would just pay a fee. Or is the "trial version" a dumbed down version?

Reaction score
No, only the Mini still does. MacBook pros do not.

Oh, I'm pretty sure my new iMac came with it already. It's possible I got it off the install disk or something and I just don't remember.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
I'd just go right to an apple store if i were you. You wont have to wait at all to get it, you would get it right on the spot. And you can just buy iwork at the apple store and install it yourself. Thats what im going to do, in fact im driving two hours to my closest apple store just so i dont have to wait for it to ship lol

OP
D
Reaction score
Being that the MBP do NOT have a copy of the "trial version" preinstalled I guess I'll just to to my neighborhood Future Shop. Buy the 15" MBP 2.5GHz version. Buy a copy of iWorks 08 and install it myself. Oh and the airline power cord. Much faster than ordering online. And I have the exchange/refund policy of FS.

Just have to wait a little longer for FS to get the new version (2.5GHz, new touchpad) in.

Thanks people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Why not go to an apple store..As posted above there are 3 in toronto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
You'll likely get it in 4 days. Order on a Sunday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.