Dock position

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Just curious to see where people prefer their dock. I like having it on the bottom mainly because that's how I have always used it, and I like the reflection...but I can see how it could get in the way....anyone else's opinions??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I've tried it on the bottom and the sides, and I prefer the bottom. The 3D effects are nice, but I don't think thats the reason for me. It's hard to give a reason, to me the bottom just feels right...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i have it at the bottom really small size with magnification turned all the way up. i love it :) its really like playing peek-a-boo with your computer if you know what i mean ;)

Reaction score
I like it at the bottom too. I've tried it on the left side (for some reason putting it on the right just doesn't make any sense to me), but it never stays long on the left. My eyes just naturally go to the bottom of the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2G Mac Pro, 6Gb RAM, Lotsa HD space, 24" Samsung LCD
Bottom - mainly because I use a widescreen monitor and it fits there better. (Same with RocketDock on the PC which is an excellent Dock clone for XP).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i have it at the bottom really small size with magnification turned all the way up. i love it :) its really like playing peek-a-boo with your computer if you know what i mean ;)

you mentioned this somewhere once before and i started doing it this way now.

its great! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Mine is on the bottom...

I would rather be able to put it on the top. It is kind of getting annoying having to go to the bottom to open a program then go back to the top for the menu. Then back to the bottom for another program and back to top for the menu. It would be nice if you could activate the dock from above the menu bar and have it come out just below the menu bar, but I'll live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM
I have mine on the left , small with decent magnification , dunno why i just don't like it at teh bottom!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
I put mine on the left. I like to have as much text of web pages or doc's to show top to bottom to reduce scrolling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I put mine on the right. I got rid of the icons like the HD and put them as stacks in the dock. It all works nicely and it looks clean. It leaves me more room vertically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Left side and hidden. I need to use what little real estate I have with my 13" monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
My eyes just naturally go to the bottom of the screen.
That is habit. My eyes "naturally" go to the left side, even when I'm on my wife's iMac where the dock is on the bottom. I have to admit I like it hidden. I don't need to see it if I'm not using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I honestly usually use it an alright amount for my stacks, and occasionally for running applications saved in it.

more than anything I hit ctrl + space and run quicksilver to open just about anything.

quicksilver and i are pretty much best friends it knows what apps. i really like.
haha

seriously though i cant imagine using my mac without it.

Reaction score
on the left, pinned to the bottom corner, kept small with a bit of magnification. I don't know why anyone with a widescreen would keep it on the bottom, when you have so much more horizontal screen space than vertical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Bottom, just always been there and it works for me, small size, big zoom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
on the left, pinned to the bottom corner, kept small with a bit of magnification. I don't know why anyone with a widescreen would keep it on the bottom, when you have so much more horizontal screen space than vertical.

cause we are the best scrollers in the land....haha :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB

How do you go about "pinning" it to the bottom corner?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.