Help w/installing app.

Reaction score
Every time I unzip this .pkg for this program I downloaded, I install it, go through terms of agreement, enter password, ect, ect, and then it asks where to install -- the only option is Boot_iMac so I pick that, then it says "installation complete," I go to Boot, nothing's there, I go to Applications, nothing's there, and I search for the program w/finder, and its nowhere. What happens to it?

Reaction score
Usually it goes to your applications folder then. (I'm assuming you named your hard drive "Boot_iMac") What app is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
If it didn't ask you to drag the file to the apps dir, then it should be in the apps dir in a folder maybe

OP
O
Reaction score
I forgot to say that I've a powerpc too, so it might be different on your computer. It's an mp3-to-midi converter (the only one I could find), Widi. If I search that word in Finder after installation, it won't appear; the .pkg and .vst do only.. it's downloadable here: http://www.widisoft.com/english/download.html - the 1.15 ppc one.

Reaction score
Widi is just a plugin it's not a stand alone application. You need another audio software (a VST Host, like Cubase) for it to work.

Honestly I have no idea what a VST Host is, I'm not an audio person, I'm just stating what it says on the Readme. Maybe someone else knows a way to convert to midi. Cubase looks likes it's pretty expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.