another NTFS partion question ( not what you think)

Reaction score
The clock is ticking and soon I will have a brand spanking new 8 core mac pro in my hot little hands. while I am waiting I have been doing as much research on macs as I can. Such things like installing programs, networking and things of that nature. From what I have been able to read, OS X can only read NTFS partitions. The exception is reading and writing across a network. My question is this, If I connect my new mac pro to a router, and a 4T buffalo tera-station to the same router, will my mac pro be able to read and write to it along with my windows machines in my house. If not I can I use mac drive on my windows machines and do the reverse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
you can use ParagonNTFS for writing to NTFS FS. Alternatively you can use macdrive on windows to write to HFS formated FS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The Tera-station like many NAS drives runs a cut-down version of Linux. So connecting to it is much like connecting to any network drive. I.e. the file system doesn't matter to the client.

You can read/write to to the Tera-station without any 3rd party drivers etc it's all done through IPs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I advise not to use paragonNTFS or NTFS-3g and macfuse...i have tried both and had a lot more problems than they claim to have...i almost lost all of my 13 thousand mp3s, and thousands of pictures....and time machine didnt back any of it up because of the weird format...

Reaction score
100% agreed with getuptogetdown. I tried both of the solutions he mentioned and the BOTH made me lose some valuable stuff. Thankfully, I had it backed up.

Feel free to try, but BACK UP YOUR DATA before trying anything. Reading seems to work fine - it's writing that ruined my partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.