• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stimulus Payment - When Can I Expect?

Reaction score
So I read on the Internet that the IRS was ahead of schedule in delivering the Direct Deposits for people receiving the stimulus payment. Anyone know when I can expect to receive my stimulus payment? The last two digits of my social are 53.

I read on the IRS website that I should expect it no later than May 9, but was wondering if anyone had read if that date had been pushed up since they were releasing the payments ahead of schedule?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
last two digits of mine are 07 and still nothing. Filed during the first week of jan too. What do I expect? Not to hold my breath :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
only if you filed your taxes using direct deposit. if you didnt file with direct deposit you will get it in the mail. late.

last digits of 21-75 are getting it this week.

also i heard its not an issue of getting it or not getting it for most people. the more money you make the more they take away from your stimilous. how much is based on you annual income. so if you make a huge amount of money chances are it will be cut in half but you will still get something.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so, this is coming out of next years taxes, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I filed in January. I got mine the 28th or something (direct deposit). :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I filed using direct deposit ;) This IS the government we're talking about. It's and advance on new rebates for the 2008 tax year.. so if you weren't getting it now, you'd get it next year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
last two digits of mine are 07 and still nothing. Filed during the first week of jan too. What do I expect? Not to hold my breath :)

I got you beat. Mine end in 01. :p

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I filed using direct deposit ;) This IS the government we're talking about. It's and advance on new rebates for the 2008 tax year.. so if you weren't getting it now, you'd get it next year.

which also means if you get lots back, you should expect less next year. and if you break even, you'll likely owe unless you adjust your w-4 paperwork so you earn a bit less for the balance of this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
which also means if you get lots back, you should expect less next year. and if you break even, you'll likely owe unless you adjust your w-4 paperwork so you earn a bit less for the balance of this year.

You could be earning some interest on it till March next year and return it back to them and keep the interest. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You could be earning some interest on it till March next year and return it back to them and keep the interest. :p
I could be, I was not afforded that option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I intentionally owe. It's a habit from freelancing. The point is, this is not a loan, this is not taxable income, and it is not (according to the IRS) supposed to effect your 2008 taxes.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so it's not coming out of next years taxes? i thought it was.

would be nice to know for sure, so i can either bank it or pay off debt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
so, this is coming out of next years taxes, right?

No. This is coming out of the deficit, like most of the government's money. ;)

The payment, if any, will not affect your 2008 return, if any.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
great.

spend money to fix debt...

i tried that in my 20s.

;P

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
Yeah, I filed my taxes via Direct Deposit...so I should expect to receive it this week, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
heh yea, but we can't print it.

wait.. I know some printing.. no... can't get the paper anyway (did I say that outloud? ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
great.

spend money to fix debt...

i tried that in my 20s.

;P

That shiny new $600 toy will make you forget about the debt for a few weeks until the CC bill shows up. :)

I look at it this way, I guess cause I am young- I can't make money with me in the afterlife. Why not toss a little around while I am in the now life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's even more fun to do that when you have no real consumer debt (no cc's at least ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's even more fun to do that when you have no real consumer debt (no cc's at least ;) )

That's August for me. I am trying to save a few $$ on the side to buy myself as an out of CC debt gift.

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
I'm going to pay my car insurance with it, and then put the rest towards savings. Hopefully it'll be deposited in my bank account in the next day or so...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.