Just got my first real Mac

Reaction score
And I couldn't possibly be happier. It's a black mid-2007 MB with 2.16 Ghz C2D, 1 gig of RAM, and a 160GB hard drive. I picked it up brand new for 879.99 (plus tax) since it was the last one they had. I've always owned vintage macs (classic macs, performas, a powermac 601) but never a real mac. The Macbook is perfect for everything; my last PC laptop was a behemoth.

Anyway, expect to see more of me around here! You seem like a really great community.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Congratulations! Macs are awesommmee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If you got a real Mac, what 's what a fake Mac?

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah, I should have explained that more :p

I meant a Mac that I could do day-to-day work on. All the other macs I've owned have been outdated and only fast enough to do word processing on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Congrats! Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
Holy crap, how'd you get it brand new for that cheap? I'm jealous. :( I've been trying to get a Mac and that's right at my price range!

OP
L
Reaction score
It was actually an extremely "WOOSH" purchase. Me and my dad walked into Micro Center to check out laptops for college (and I've been macbook inclined lately). I was over checking out the Macbooks, and I asked the salesman if he had any student discounts or anything. He told me no, but pointed down to the tag on the side that had the prices of the macbooks, and it said 879.99. He said it was the last one in stock and I pretty much flipped out and got super excited. I told my dad, and a half hour later, I walked out with a brand new blackbook. It was sealed in the original shipping box. They got it in August of last year so it was sitting around for a while, but nonetheless, it's brand new.

Reaction score
Mine has the exact specs but white. Very nice. You wont be sorry. And welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.