Should I be worried my MBP was made in China

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
or concerned? Or am I making something out of nothing? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
You cant find a computer made in the states anymore. I looked. Its still a Mac though so it will be built to Apple's standards. I wouldn't worry about it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Where else would it be made? All electronics are manufactured in Asia now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
yeah....all macs come from there....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Where else would it be made? All electronics are manufactured in Asia now.
Or former soviet block countries in eastern europe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
All laptops sold in the USA come from China (possibly Taiwan, but I don't think so) these days, except for a handful of Lenovo ThinkPads, which will be soon. (Lenovo is Chinese, after all.) Apple has not built a notebook Stateside in about a decade.

Some desktops (Most Dell desktops sold in the USA, and I believe the Mac Pros sold in the USA) are assembled in the US. The components, of course, come from Asia.

Any increase in the defect rate was more than made up by the decrease in cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All laptops sold in the USA come from China (possibly Taiwan, but I don't think so) these days, except for a handful of Lenovo ThinkPads, which will be soon. (Lenovo is Chinese, after all.) Apple has not built a notebook Stateside in about a decade.

Some desktops (Most Dell desktops sold in the USA, and I believe the Mac Pros sold in the USA) are assembled in the US. The components, of course, come from Asia.

Any increase in the defect rate was more than made up by the decrease in cost.
The Dells I've opened recently all say China on EVERYTHING inside. Even if it's "assembled" in the US, it isn't made here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Only if your concerned with the 100+ other products in your house likely made in China.

People like to blame the cheapness of things on the foreigners who make it, but you have to remember that they're only making the products according to the specs they're given by the company contracting them for the manufacturing work. Apple computers are well-built because Apple designs them well with quality parts and materials.

I'm not trying to sound angry. I'm just trying to shed a different light on the situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not only spec's but the QA/QC programs the company uses.. and whether or not they check on those to ensure they're being followed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
People like to blame the cheapness of things on the foreigners who make it, but you have to remember that they're only making the products according to the specs they're given by the company contracting them for the manufacturing work. Apple computers are well-built because Apple designs them well with quality parts and materials.

Very true!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Only if your concerned with the 100+ other products in your house likely made in China.

I'm not trying to sound angry. I'm just trying to shed a different light on the situation.

Hey, don't be spreading no truth 'round here. Don't you know, tha's dangerous ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Don't worry, I haven't heard of anybody getting lead poisoning form aluminum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Scoobie Newbie,

I'm with you, but what isn't made in China anymore? I think all the tools and machines that used to make things in the U.S. were sent to China by our business men with the Administration's permission. But look at the bright side - Apple's Chairman, board of directors and investors make more money because the profits are higher :( Forget the American people who used to build them.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
You get what you pay for no matter what country it is made in.

Reaction score
Look at the bright side: if you get mad at it for being slow you an always shout at it "Get the lead out!!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
No offense but when you grow up you will realize that 90% or possibly more of the Electronics we use are all from Asia.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
notice the box only says "designed in California"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
A handful of macs are still made in Ireland, for us UK users, however I am certain everything else is made in China (all the components), much like the new Rolls Royce - assembled in the UK, Made in Germany.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Look at the bright side: if you get mad at it for being slow you an always shout at it "Get the lead out!!!"

LOL! You get the "cheesy joke of the day" award!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.