parallels & Fusion, after bootcamp

Reaction score
I installed Windows XP SP2 via bootcamp on my mac, is it okay to install Parallels or Fusion now after I made the partition for boot camp, and how would I go about it?

Reaction score
Just install them. They will recognize the boot camp partition and use it to create a VM. You can try either one as a free trial; I would encourage you to download both and try them.

Reaction score
How about installing Parallels on a machine with XP installed under Fusion?

John F

Reaction score
I did not try that - others may have. But I believe that each VM requires its own copy of Windows, which is why I used Boot Camp to try them both (only required one Windows version to hit both), then after picking Fusion, deleted the Boot Camp partition and reinstalled the Windows version after installing my registered copy of Fusion. You could try using the same copy of XP under Parallels as you used for Fusion. It may well work but I have no idea if it would violate the EULA.

OP
D
Reaction score
I installed both. first fusion but it ran very slow and seemed to slow my os x down and we can't have that. I then installed parallels and that worked ok although I did notice some a couple of things that I did not like. probably the biggest thing I didn't like was, and maybe theres a way to fix this, is that the right click doesn't work when I am using windows via parallels. another thing was I could not use windows via bootcamp ( just windows only) no parallels or fusion windows as a stand alone as if I was using just boot camp. can any one tell me if I was doing something wrong or if that the way it is?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.