New member and MBP user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"
Hello all,

Just recently drank the Kool-Aid, so to speak, and picked up a MBP. I'm plenty happy so far and have yet to look back. I keep eyeing my Dell now with discontent.

Quick question: Is there any way to keep the keyboard illuminated? It detects the ambiant light and determines that it is sufficient, then switches off the keyboard illumination however my eyes must not be as good as it's own. I'd rather be able to control it manually all the time.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Go to System Preferences in your dock, then Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard and uncheck "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions".
Then you can control it manually with the F5 and F6 buttons at the top of your keyboard.

Congrats on the new mbp.

OP
Shalooby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"
That was fast, thanks. I'm gonna like it here. I'm already familiar with vBulletin too from other places. Sweet.

Any "problems" with the rep system here? I see it's turned on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
You're definitely going to like it here, it's a friendly and active community.
I don't think there are many problems with the rep system, mac-forums is well-moderated :).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.