Help me switch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8Mhz
Hi everyone this is my first venture into the world of mac, I am about to buy a 24" 2.8Ghz imac, but being totally clueless about computer speak and terminology I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone can explain weather the following is possible, and in simple terms that I can understand.

I have a Tvix 6500 media jukebox(link below) and a synologhy cs-407 NAS(link below) the 6500 which is down stairs is connected to the nas which is up stairs via cat5. I want to back up all my music(.flac) and dvd's(.iso) to the nas (using the imac), and I will then access and view them down stairs via the Tvix 6500, so basically before I dive in and buy a imac I need to know weather it will work properly with the aforementioned kit.

Many thanks

Lj

Tvix:- http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx
NAS:- http://www.synology.com/enu/products/CS407/index.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
Share Files between Windows and Mac

CS407 is designed for Windows users and Mac users to share files seamlessly. Windows users can access CS407 via Samba and FTP, and Mac users via Samba, FTP, and AFP. Unicode support allows sharing files smoothly in different languages

so your NAS should work fine, the same as before.

for the Tvix it requires software which from what i can tell is windows only ( havent dont much digging tho.

have a look for a mac alternative if not you can just use vmfusion or parralells to run the software.

hope that helps

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8Mhz
Thanks Macwillis
That does help slightly, as far as I am aware the tvix 6500 only needs to access the nas to read the .iso and .flac files and not the imac, but I could be wrong?

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8Mhz
can some one please tell me if I'm right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.