Does Mac Have this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Is it possible to make it when you open up a program (I.E. World of Warcraft) that would change a setting, then when you close it, settings would revert?

What I want to do is when I open WoW, the function keys work without pressing fn. I want to use f1-f4 for all my shapeshifting fun in an efficient way. But I also like how I don't have to press fn to change volume of my music when I am just browsing the intraweb, I only need one hand, not both to press two buttons on complete opposite sides. Basically, is there something I can do when WoW is on to make that "Use function keys as function keys" setting and then when WoW turns off, that setting will turn off? Or do I have to manually change it everytime I play/Deal with having to press fn to change brightness/volume/next song?

Thanks! All is great :) I cranked my settings up on WoW to full everything, and I still get average of 75 FPS, when fighting mobs out in the World. I've been up to 200 in not so crowded areas. It's great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Is it possible to make it when you open up a program (I.E. World of Warcraft) that would change a setting, then when you close it, settings would revert?

What I want to do is when I open WoW, the function keys work without pressing fn. I want to use f1-f4 for all my shapeshifting fun in an efficient way. But I also like how I don't have to press fn to change volume of my music when I am just browsing the intraweb, I only need one hand, not both to press two buttons on complete opposite sides. Basically, is there something I can do when WoW is on to make that "Use function keys as function keys" setting and then when WoW turns off, that setting will turn off? Or do I have to manually change it everytime I play/Deal with having to press fn to change brightness/volume/next song?

Thanks! All is great :) I cranked my settings up on WoW to full everything, and I still get average of 75 FPS, when fighting mobs out in the World. I've been up to 200 in not so crowded areas. It's great.

I suppose you could write a short program that runs in the background to do this for you. Have you played with Applescript?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I always make my own automator scripts for that kind of stuff - might help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.