Finding my MacBook Pro specifications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz MacBook Pro, 2GB RAM
I am brand new to the world of Mac, so I will appreciate your patience with my dumb questions. My first question (of many to come) is how I can find the specifications of my machine? In other words, it looks like most people put their MacBook Pro specs in their signature line, and I don't even know how to find that information. I inherited this machine from my boss, so I don't have any of the original paperwork.

I am used to right-clicking on My Computer in Windows. Anything similar on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
1. Click the apple logo and then "About this Mac". Then click more information if you would like.

2. Go into system preferences and then click keyboard and mouse. Then click trackpad. Then click enable secondary click. Now when you want to right click...tap the trackpad with two fingers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If you hold the option key when you click on the apple you can just then click on 'System Profiler'

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz MacBook Pro, 2GB RAM
Wow - that was fast. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
hi can you help me please..
im having trouble with the same thing.
but the my more info button is like unable to be selected.
please help me . thank you..
someone?

Reaction score
Mac Spec

You can also do the following to get a massive amount of detail about your mac model from apple by doing; Apple Logo - About this Mac - More Info - Support(grayed in button top right) - Specifications

This will link you to Apple.com to a page that tells you everything about your Mac, and i mean everything.

Hope thats useful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
It might have been if you'd posted that 3 years ago. :) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.