• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Macs Suck

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, saw that one shortly after i got my macbook about a year and a half ago. classic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have to agree about the bouncing icons. The odd twist though is that you basically have to "catch" the icon with your mouse because it keeps jumping making it hard to click on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Funny stuff! 

Reaction score
The thing is, he's combining OS 9 problems with OS X problems. OS 9 does that thing with the CD copying files (That was annoying to me) and OS X does the software update thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I've seen this before. So hilarious!

The sign you've made it BIG -- A video parody on YouTube!

OP
C
Reaction score
The thing is, he's combining OS 9 problems with OS X problems. OS 9 does that thing with the CD copying files (That was annoying to me) and OS X does the software update thing.

Well, its just for fun. He does use them, so I think he has a bit more ground to attack it rather than your average PC user simply screaming "MAC SUX111!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Man that's as old as...well when OSX did those type of commercials. A good laugh, too. I wonder whatever happened to that guy.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Man that's as old as...well when OSX did those type of commercials. A good laugh, too. I wonder whatever happened to that guy.

Maybe he took his video seriously and bought a PC with Adobe Premiere! :D

Who knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Seen if before a lot but it's still funny... because I came across pretty much all those problems with Windows (bar the bouncing icon thing... but I prefer that to a flashing orange thing anyway)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
haha. I love all the clueless people out there who have no idea what the're talking about, and just jump on the "Macs suck" bandwagon. Everytime i get into a PC/Mac debate, i just ask them how many known viruses there are for PC, and how many for Mac. Shuts them up pretty quickly, most of the time.

Reaction score
haha. I love all the clueless people out there who have no idea what the're talking about, and just jump on the "Macs suck" bandwagon. Everytime i get into a PC/Mac debate, i just ask them how many known viruses there are for PC, and how many for Mac. Shuts them up pretty quickly, most of the time.

If I try to use that argument, I always get "That's because no ones uses them because they suck!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yes, just like Primus.

OP
C
Reaction score
I tend not to engage in the mac vs pc thing. And certainly not in person. If someone asks me why I use a Mac, I simply say because I like the way they run and handle things, its preference. I dont go into it beyond that. Its just not that important to me. I do however find this video to be funny. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The video is very funny. I'm one of a few people at work who use Macs.. in a VERY VERY VERY PC entrenched environment.. yet we work on nothing but *nix boxes really.. But I digress.. I actually catch only the random good natured ribbing about using my Mac for work rather than the issued laptop.. other than that more people have been interested in checking it out than anything else. Esp the Ubuntu fans ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.