• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

importing video from iPhoto to iMovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
When i import video that i have taken with my digital camera, from iphoto to imovie, the audio is not attached. I had downloaded a free program a while back, that let you do this, but i have since deleted it. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks so much. Imac 2.16ghz core duo. runnning lepord, using imovieHD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
how did you get H.D on leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
tonedef56: I think you what to process those clips through MPEG Streamclip.

natenmaste: To get iMovie HD, if you have iMovie 08, see this Apple link.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
Xstep thats the one i had thanks so much.. Inever removed imoviehd from my mac when i installed lepord.. Iaam not that big of a fan of the new imovie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
tonedef56, your not the only one who isn't a big fan of iMovie 08. So many people have issues with it.

I am a fan of iM08 for some things but specifically the quick way you can skim the content to zero in on the interesting stuff. According the the programmer, that is why the application was really designed in the first place.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imovie08

I dont hate it. it does have some intresting features. But as far as adding a song to a video clip i like how you have almost total control in that manner.. Is there some were i can get a users guide to .. imoviehd,, and imovie08

Reaction score
RE: importing video from iPhoto to iMovie!!!

Yes! Nice information that you have shared with us.

Thank you !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there some were i can get a users guide to .. imoviehd,, and imovie08
Both iMovie HD and iMovie 08 have searchable help, Keyboard Shortcuts Service and Support, and of course the Getting Started guides. iMovie 08 also has a Welcome to iMovie, and a link to the online Video Tutorials. That is a great deal of information for FREE!

There are several books available too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.