• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Images In Idvd Are Shaky After Burning

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help on this. I put a bunch of pictures into imovie added music then made it a quicktime format. It looks great but when I put it into IDVD wit all the other chapters for some reason a few of the pictures are shaky and distorted. It looks fine when I watch it in quicktime. Tried burning about 6 times even took those pictures out but then others shake. Strange. Has anyone encountered this?? Helppppp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Oops. I responded to the wrong question, but now that I'm here...

I've seen people say they have better experience when creating thier photo movies via iPhoto. But that may not be the answer you are looking for. I can't recall seeing great answers to this problem.

Here are some ideas I don't have time to investigate. Make sure you are exporting at 29.97 (assuming your DVD will be NTSC format) frames per second. Don't implement extreme zooming. Maybe export to a DV format and interlaced, although I have to wonder if that is compatible with iDVD. My thinking is you want to export to the closest end result, so frame rate and interlacing seem important to me.

Pictures with diagonal lines will likely show weird effects along the lines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.