• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Leaving the Army

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Well after 6 years in the U.S. Army as a Military Police Officer I am calling it quits. I have decided not to reenlist and I am going back to school to finish my masters in computer engineering, and hopefully put that degree to use. I am going to try and find a nice low stress job in the tech field while I finish school. I have about 3 and a half months of terminal leave saved up so there is no real hurry to find a job. I am on terminal leave right now, trying to get my house in the city ready to sell. My wife and I are going to move out to our land in the country where we have a cabin. We are gonna live in that while we build a new house out there. If my other house sells fast enough I may not even have to get another job while I finish my degree so wish me luck!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Good luck to ya and thanks for time served!

And, go get that eye looked at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Congrats, Thank You for your service, and get your eye checked! (Notice any themes here? -_^)

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Congrats, Thank You for your service, and get your eye checked! (Notice any themes here? -_^)

LOL, between ya'll and my wife I may have to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Good luck. I hope you can muster a decent internet connection out at your cabin so you can still visit the forums.

Reaction score
Like others have already mentioned...thank you so much for serving our country. It's men/women like you that are our true heroes. Thanks again.

And you deserve the break. Since I live here in the South I love the good ol' country cookin', chillaxin, and peace and quiet that comes with living in the "country".

<><

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your support everyone.:)

Good luck. I hope you can muster a decent internet connection out at your cabin so you can still visit the forums.

Comcast just ran lines out there so I should be able to get my same cable and internet service out there. If not I will go with satellite TV and internet.

Since I live here in the South I love the good ol' country cookin', chillaxin, and peace and quiet that comes with living in the "country".

Yeah there is nothing like good home country cooking. I love cooking, and my parents are actually trying to convince me to go to culinary school because I'm really good at it. I would do it but I don't know if I would still enjoy cooking in the high stress environment of high quality restaurants.

Thanks for your service. Was it a hard decision?

It was a hard decision. I took a few months to think about it. Pretty much everyone in my family wanted me to get out. In the end I decided all the time away from home and all the stress just wasn't worth it anymore. My wife and I are at a point financially now that I can go back to school and not have to worry about anything. If my house in the city sell fast we should really be set because our land and cabin are already paid for. Similar houses in my area are selling within 30 days for around $250,000.00 so hopefully everything will work out.

Reaction score
Just saying thank you for all you have done does not seem like enough. You are a big part of the reason this is the greatest country in the world. I greatly appreciate your service and wish you all the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Good luck to you dude. I made the same decision almost 15 years ago and have never regretted leaving since then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.