• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Avid??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM
Does anyone here use avid on there mac?? If so how does it run and what system specs do you have ?? : )

Reaction score
Hey, I personally use Final Cut Pro on my Mac (Adobe Premiere on Windows) but I have a friend who used Avid with his Mac Pro. If I remember his specs correctly they were a dual quad 2.8 with ATI Radeon 2600 XT, running Mac OS X Tiger.

However he was having issues with Media Composer (I think--can't remember!?!?!) but eventually switched to editing with Final Cut Pro.

You thinking about using Avid?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 2ghz 1.5gb RAM and MBP Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz 2gb RAM
Well i use avid at work , But we use PC's on an editshare system : ( , and know it better than fcp , I have just got final cut express 4 for my mbp, But i would have liked to have got avid as well , just because I am going to take some extended time off work to go traveling , And would like to take both with me to practise so i don't get rusty. I am planning on learning final cut better in my free time, I was hoping to keep up with avid as well, I think its best to know both, Although the price tag of avid is a definate downside .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.