PS2 To Mac

C

Chris W

I would like to hook my PS2 to my computer monitor. I have a Dual 2.5GHz G5, and a 23" display and want to be able to use my PS2 with the display. Any help would be great. Thanks..

OP
M

Mr. MAC

Um, I don't think you really can link them.
My suggestion......GET A T.V

OP
C

Chris W

You can use the display. I do have a TV but it's in the other room. If I want to use the DSl I have to un-hook the modem and move it to the living room. If I could just use the PS2 with the display it would make easy. I have seen it done, just not sure how to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I used to have an app that allowed you to play ps2 games on your mac, that coupled with an adapter I have that allows you to use ps2 controllers on the mac make it like my mac was a ps2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
not sure exactly, but I think it was called bluePS2 or something like that.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
My friend has a DV bridge, he recorded a movie with his PS2 using it. He has a 600 MHz G3 iMac, I don't know how he did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OP
C

Chris W

They make a VGA adapter for playstation, Then I could use a VGA to female DVI adapter. It should work, but I am worried about two things, is the program for the VGA adapter PC only, and what size would it show up on the screen. Untill I can find for somone that has done it I do not want to spend the money. I haven't found anyone who has a clue what they are talking about at any place that sells those parts. Thanks

OP
T

Toanjii

Hi,

I don't know about your Mac's video card but if it has Video-In then you can use it as a "router" thing. On my PC (GeForce FX) I use a video capture program that came with the video card to watch the Video-Input in full screen on my monitor. This works great with any source: PS2, VHS, etc..

Hope that helps.

Off the topic:

Hi Macman,

In regards to BluePS2, I've searched Google and can't seem to find it to D/L anywhere.

Do you have link or file? If you do, can you please send it to me via email? [email protected].

Thanks heaps. I have a PS2 but just want something to capture FFX-2 cutscenes on my Mac cuz my PC is too slow for decent framerates and resolution on-the-fly capture.

Regards,

Toan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.