Have not switched yet, but need help

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm new to the Macs in general.
In about a month from from now I'm going to be leaving (America) to go to Japan (I'll be there for three months), then I'm coming back. Thus, I'll be arriving back in September. I have determined that sooner or later I want to switch over to an iMac.

Is there any consistent time that Apple updates their hardware, drops their prices, etc.? When does the annual keynote event thing happen?
I'm trying to find out when would be a good time to "make the switch." I have purchased iPods in the past, and it seems to me that as soon as I purchase one, I say to myself "I should have waited just a FEW weeks" or so, and then another better, cheaper, and more feature-full model is released. I'm not sure if the same is the case with iMacs, hence this post.

Thanks for your time :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is there any consistent time that Apple updates their hardware, drops their prices, etc.? When does the annual keynote event thing happen?
No, there is no set schedule or foreseeable and predictable method to this. New things come out when they come out.

The World Wide Developer's Conference (WWDC) is usually in the summer, though as the name implies, it is centered on software and development and not hardware items.

Macworld Expo is in January, but again, nothing is guaranteed to be released and/or updated during this.
I'm trying to find out when would be a good time to "make the switch."
Whenever you are ready... that is a good time to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.