Many stuck pixels: should I wait to exchange?

Reaction score
So I've had my iPhone three months now, and there are easily 200-300 stuck pixels along the left side of the screen. It wasn't that way when I got it, and I've never dropped the unit.

I'm going to take it in to exchange for a new unit, but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until the 3G units come out. So I guess my real question is two-fold: Is there a downside to waiting (expired warranty?), and what are the chances I get an upgraded unit if I take it in in July?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'm going to take it in to exchange for a new unit, but I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until the 3G units come out.
No, it won't. Your unit will be replaced with the exact same model you purchased. You don't get a new model just because a new model was released since you bought the one you have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
DB is right on: Apple even now still replaces iPod minis with refurbs when you send it in for a battery exchange, so you'll definitely get the current gen iPhone back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2GHz
They appear to have enough refurbs that you likely won't get a newer model. I just took my 4GB iPhone in because it wasn't loud enough... and got a 4GB iPhone to replace it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.