RealPlayer Help!

Reaction score
Hi - I am new here and need your help before my iBook G4 flies out of the window!!

I live in Germany and am trying to stream radio from BBC RADIO 1. The internet site from the BBC suggests Realplayer for people outside of the UK, either in a window they have or as a stand alone.....

I have tried both and nothing works, my mac stutters, stops, dont wanna play, doesnt buffer, just annoys me!!!!

I asked somebody in a Mac Shop and he had no idea!!

I have tested the following but still without success

I have tried using both LAN and W-Lan

My laptop from work ( a windows laptop) works fine wireless streaming with realplayer - standard config

This makes me think it has to be something to do with realplayer, have deleted and re-installed but nothing works

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME

I am getting to stage where I want to sell and go back to using a windows laptop, especially as Macs are supposed to be the media tool...

Please help!!!

THANKS

Reaction score
Hi Bobby Mac

Just a thought - I'm no expert, but I found that with RealPlayer Version 10.0.0 (Build 352) it overcame problems that I had, way back. If you download that, you may get a nag screen recommending a later version, but ignore it.

An option with the BBC is to 'Play using a standalone player'. Use that, and hopefully RP 10 will launch and everything will be tickety-boo...

Good Luck and Cheers Mitcherooney

OP
B
Reaction score
Rp 10

Hi! Thanks for the tip, tried this, found the version and used as stand alone but still get the stuttering.....

As I said before, cant be the line as I have no probs with a very old windows laptop....

Any body, please, any ideas, otherwise the Mac is going out of the window....

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You have not told us anything that could help you with your problem.

What are the specs of the Mac (Processor type, processor speed, memory, Mac OS version, and Real version.)

How fast is the connection using? ("LAN" and "WLAN" don't tell us anything.) Have you set up the correct connection speed in RealPlayer preferences?

Finally, what error message(s) are you getting from RealPlayer?

OP
B
Reaction score
I am running a G4 - 1,42 ghz processor, using mac os x 10.4.11

My ISP is running at 2000 - definitely enough for radio!!!!

I have tried updating software etc etc - no luck still, talked to people in mac shops, no luck and unless I get this sorted, I am selling out and starting again!!

The problem is, I dont get an error message, it simply wont stream, it loads up, then plays fgor 2 seconds, stops, splurts and stutters, appears not to buffer or stream and I simply dont know what else I can try....

Have tried the standard config on the system but still no luck

PLEASE PLEASE somebody help, would hate to sell the laptop simply because of streaming radio!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.