Windows 2000 Pro

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
I know Vista(yuk) and XP can be installed on Leopard... But since 2000 need a boot disc, how can this be done????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I know Vista(yuk) and XP can be installed on Leopard... But since 2000 need a boot disc, how can this be done????

Why does Win2000 need a boot disk? The Win2000 CD is bootable.

However, in order to run Win2000 on your Mac you'll need to use either Parallels or VMware Fusion. You can download a trial copy from their respective web sites.

Regards.

OP
D

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
I can't use bootcamp???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
All I can tell you is this. One night last week I was curious so got out my Windows 2000 Professional CD and tried to install it Via Bootcamp. When the system restarted it got to the first part of the installer and never went any farther. I waited 30 minutes. I tried it another time to be sure. The Installer would not get to the screen where you pick the hard drive.

My Windows 2000 Pro is a fully legal Factory CD by the way in case anyone wonders. It's never failed to install on any normal PC. So I would guess the answer is no.

This was on a Intel Mac Mini Dual 1.66Ghz with 1GB RAM. Vista ultimate runs great on the Mini as well as XP Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Boot Camp is designed only to work with Windows XP SP2/SP3, and Windows Vista. No earlier OS will work.

To use Win2k, you would need to install it via a virtualization program, such as Parallels or Fusion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Boot Camp is designed only to work with Windows XP SP2/SP3, and Windows Vista. No earlier OS will work.

To use Win2k, you would need to install it via a virtualization program, such as Parallels or Fusion

or the FREE virtualbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.