• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacBook beating Dells on price

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' MBP, Mac minis x3, Power Mac G4 (AGP), 13'' White MacBook, eMac
after looking around the internet i found a website clearly showing the MacBook giving you more performance for less. I find this quite funny as Michel dell said a few years back if he owned apple he would shut it down and give the money back to apple's shareholders.

Well Apple is finally in the lead on performance and price, the Macbook is $1099 and the ugly dell laptop is $1,199, plus the dell is running windows vista. So now there is no excuse to buying a Mac.

With the MacBook and all new macs you get Apple's iLife suite, there is nothing in comparison to this software package on the windows platform.

so finally we can all say: Macintosh it does more, it costs less, its that simple

http://seekingalpha.com/article/661...vorable-price-comparison-to-dell?source=yahoo

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hope no one throws any rotten tomatoes at me, but some of that is very wrong. They show no software with the Dell but quite a bit of that comes with Vista. Also they show Safari on OSX and nothing on Vista? What about IE. I may not like IE but it's there. They made a lot of mistakes.

Remember to those that do not know me well and are new here, I love OSX and Macs. Just pointing out a few things where they were not very fair nor accurate.

There is more but that is enough.

To me it's like this, If you want and love OSX, you get the Mac. If you love XP or Vista you get the Dell. Works for me. :D

I am glad to see the pricing getting so close between the two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
You will also find that whilst this is the case at the moment, cheaper and more powerful, it is likely due to apple just recently updating the apple however dell's are updated constantly with new processors, prices etc. where as the current macbook will probably be the same macbook for at least 3-4months... so give it a few weeks and dells will probably be a bit cheaper/faster or what ever the case.. still know which computer i'd be getting
:D loving my new macbook

OP
Macintoshmad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' MBP, Mac minis x3, Power Mac G4 (AGP), 13'' White MacBook, eMac
You will also find that whilst this is the case at the moment, cheaper and more powerful, it is likely due to apple just recently updating the apple however dell's are updated constantly with new processors, prices etc. where as the current macbook will probably be the same macbook for at least 3-4months... so give it a few weeks and dells will probably be a bit cheaper/faster or what ever the case.. still know which computer i'd be getting
:D loving my new macbook

apple are updating the macbooks in june giving them totally new designs at WWDC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
apple are updating the macbooks in june giving them totally new designs at WWDC
Oh are they? I wasn't aware that Apple made any of information of that nature available yet.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Oh are they? I wasn't aware that Apple made any of information of that nature available yet.
:D

That's cheeky ;P

travis, despite the information in the link being very biased, you still have to admit that the Macbook is a MUCH better deal. You get a better OS, better software, better looking hardware, all for $100 LESS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.