Apple Remote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
I often enjoy watching movies on my 24" imac in my bed, before falling asleep. One small issue I have is that after the movie is finished, I have to get up out of bed, and turn my computer off before falling asleep. This is a small hassle I know, but I was wondering if there's an App or anything that can enable my apple remote to also put my computer to sleep somehow, so I really do not have to touch my computer to put it to sleep. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You could always set it to go to sleep/turn off the display after being idle for an x number of minutes. I believe watching a video doesn't count as being idle, so it won't turn off a couple minutes in.

Reaction score
All Macs have this feature already built in with the remote. Simply press and hold the play/pause button in till the remote shows on the screen with the Zs floating around it. It will sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just tried it, definitely works. That was really neat, didn't know you could do that.

Reaction score
Just tried it, definitely works. That was really neat, didn't know you could do that.

I should also point out that the computer can be woken up the same way, hold the pause/play button on the remote.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Oh great, they really have thought of everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.