• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

"Apple Internal" Applescript - Background

F

forza

Today I'm in the Apple Store looking at the new picture i-Pods. I shifted over to the 17" G4 Powerbook and in the middle of the background in Finder is this imprinted oval inside which are alias-type icons that are fixed in position.

Anyone know what this is?

OP
M

m1k

1) PLEASE, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! It's iPod, not i-Pod, not IPOD, not iPOD, not Ipod. Apple named it iPod for a reason.

2) I'm not really sure what you mean, was there a 'watermark' behind all the icons on a finder window? Do you have a screenshot you could post?

Sorry, I just get really pissed when somebody doesn't call the iPod by its proper name ;)

OP
I

Icarus

I'm a big fan of my i-pod. It's a great item, I think everybody needs an i-pod. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
i-Pod, UPOD, Hepod, sHepod, we all like to: iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I asked a couple weeks ago at the Apple Store what that program that runs on the desktop is. It shows 4 icons (the one I saw) that are like quicklinks to programs. They told me it was some sort of special utility that Apple puts on the display machines for customers to easily be able to find info on products, e-mail questions and just plain get to know the system.

OP
F

forza

Rberyy, you're right, that's what it is...same thing iSaw.

It's an Apple script of sorts; anyone know what it is? This discussion seems to have shifted from the main topic and I am eagerly awaiting my <i> very own </i> quicklinks.

Bet this doesn't use HTML.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
forza said:
Bet this doesn't use HTML.

youre right it uses ubb code

Apple makes many demo apps. they probably made one universal one that they adapt for new products and send it to apple authorized resellers every month to put on all or certain machines. not sure why anyone besides someone in marketing would use it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.