How sturdy are they?

Reaction score
I ask this because I spilled JUICE over the keyboard. It turned off, so I removed the battery (juice got in there) dried it off, and the macbooks now been in an airing cuboard overnight.

I NEED IT FOR WEDNESDAY!
:(

Will it live?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
I hope so but i'd say probably not. good luck though,you never know and you have boosted your chances by drying out as much as possible and not trying to turn it back on straight away :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sturdy? Very.
Water-resistant? No so much...

But if you leave it the airing cupboard as long as possible, you're in with a chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
ahh but how about juice-resistant ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I know with ibooks the keyboard could be removed ,I know alot of people complained about that because of the very fact that when liquid was spilled it would fry everything out. unlike some PC's the ibook didn't have that protective cover under the keyboard to protect from spills.Hopefully Apple changed that with the Macbook.

Good Luck

OP
G
Reaction score
I just tried it again and it wont start up.

I spilled the juice at school at around 10 am. I dried it off as best as I could, but only got it in the airing cuboard at 3:30pm.

GAH I need it for tomorrows exams!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
They are quite sturdy, however, liquid-proof they aren't. Let it set for another day or two before you try to boot it up. Don't get your hopes up, though. Chances are you did some serious damage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Water would be different, but juice? You're banking on a chance and if that chance favors you, it'll never be the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I spilled the juice at school at around 10 am. I dried it off as best as I could, but only got it in the airing cuboard at 3:30pm.

GAH I need it for tomorrows exams!
After serious liquid exposure, it's best to let it dry for at least 24 and preferably 48 hours. Becoming impatient may magnify any damage.

Reaction score
hmmmm...

well, if you are tech-savvy enough, you might want to carefully open up the Macbook to see the damage...you *might* be able to replace the damaged parts. i know that there are some very comprehensive guides to opening a Macbook and servicing the parts inside. good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram, 120HD Leopard // Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8Gb
If it doesn't boot theres always a chance its just the battery and you can easily get a new one of ebay or something.

OP
G
Reaction score
The battery is fine. All 5 light show.

It still wont turn on. I plugged in the power cord and the light on the cord didnt light up... I'm hoping the mac cut off that area (Electricity + Water = bad), otherwise I think it means the macs fried...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.