• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Announcement!!!

Reaction score
So...

i recently sold my 2.0ghz CD macbook....

I have a confession....I went and bought a special Edition HP 2700 series.

Not gonna lie. The hardware is sweet....

HOWEVER...

Im taking it back, and buying a mbp :)

Cant leave the Apple routes :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
haha... why you would even consider windows after using OS X is beyond me, but that is your preference, you must be crazy ;) I'm glad you are making the right choice and changing your mind! Wouldn't want you to start hating life with all the problems that would arise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
ogacon,

I think Vista convinced him... what say you, macpwns?

Noel

OP
M
Reaction score
thats exactly it....vista did convince me....but....what can i say...i miss the simple functions of os x....too many things going on with vista.

ordering my macbook tomorrow i hopes :)

just trying to decide between black or white :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Wow, and an HP no less... if you're going to buy a Windows machine, do yourself a favor and at least get one that isn't a slapped together piece of inconsistent engineering and sub-par components. An HP laptop is like the antithesis of Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Its all right to say it... go ahead... you were drunk or had some sort of severe side affect from a newly prescribed medicine when u made the purchase. Well hope your not hit with a restocking fee.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh, your post made me LoL cwa ;) That must be the most hate-filled post I have ever seen of yours. Not saying that it's completely or very hate filled, or a bad thing, you just usually don't bash many things ;) But clearly this needs a bashing! I'll join ya.

/bashhp

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh, your post made me LoL cwa ;) That must be the most hate-filled post I have ever seen of yours. Not saying that it's completely or very hate filled, or a bad thing, you just usually don't bash many things ;) But clearly this needs a bashing! I'll join ya.

/bashhp

When you work on computers for a living, you tend to develop very strong opinions of certain makes and models. Put simply, the marriage of HP and Compaq produced an abomination of poor quality and design, the likes of which have never been seen before in the industry. The fact that these machines actually sell speaks to how poorly researched some people are when buying an expensive piece of electronics. It's completely mystifying to me.

OP
M
Reaction score
When you work on computers for a living, you tend to develop very strong opinions of certain makes and models. Put simply, the marriage of HP and Compaq produced an abomination of poor quality and design, the likes of which have never been seen before in the industry. The fact that these machines actually sell speaks to how poorly researched some people are when buying an expensive piece of electronics. It's completely mystifying to me.

Thanks.

i feel 2 feet tall.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Wait till CWA finds out that 2 years back I bought a new Compaq for my Windows network service calls. I was lucky. It's been a reliable machine so far. I take my Mac with me everywhere else but sometimes it's nice when working with a Windows network to have a properly working Windows machine with me.

I purchased it just before the first Intel Mac notebooks came out. If I just would have waited, I could have bought a Macbook or MBP instead and did a dual boot of windows and OSX. Oh well! :D

I have had to work on some recent HP's and agree their quality seems to be lacking.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks.

i feel 2 feet tall.

I apologize, as I can see where I made that somewhat personal. It wasn't my intention to be belittling.

Trust me on this, by returning that machine, you're saving yourself quite a bit of heartache down the road.

OP
M
Reaction score
so...as if this hasnt been posted 374389267 times on these forums....

but black or white? ha. :p

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so...as if this hasnt been posted 374389267 times on these forums....

but black or white? ha. :p

Thought you said you were going with a MBP? They only come in silver :)

If that was a typo, and you're going with a standard MB, go with the Black.

OP
M
Reaction score
sorry it was a typo...lol

im trying to decide between a mpb or a regular macbook....i cant justify the mbp because ill only be using it for simple daily functions...email, facebook, msn, music....etc.

i think im goin black...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thought you said you were going with a MBP? They only come in silver :)

If that was a typo, and you're going with a standard MB, go with the Black.

I got my MBP in florescent orange. Rather neat i'd say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.

I have no idea what Corina was thinking... Many HP former employees lay the downfall or HP squarely at her feet. HP, Dell, and Micron all have something in common. They have seen their great empires crumble to the ground, all for the sake of trying to squeeze as much quick profit as they could from their companies. They are no longer even a shadow of their former selves. Michael Dell keeps talking about bringing his company back into profitability, but the way he has chosen to do so these past few years has alienated far too many of his customer base to make it work. Clients are opting elsewhere, and they are not looking back. What you get from these companies these days is cheap workmanship that results from cheap labor. MS Vista and MS Server 2003, has not helped either of these companies either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2.5 gb ram, 80 gb hd, 120 gb external drive,10.5...8 gb iPod Touch
I apologize, as I can see where I made that somewhat personal. It wasn't my intention to be belittling.

Trust me on this, by returning that machine, you're saving yourself quite a bit of heartache down the road.

I 100% agree with this statement. My mom got a new HP laptop a few months ago. I thought it was actually pretty cool at first. But within 20 min of messing around with it, it was buggy, glitched, and just didn't run well and she still complains about it being buggy. Right after I played with it the day she got it, I quickly returned to Leopard and breathed again. Ahh.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
When you work on computers for a living, you tend to develop very strong opinions of certain makes and models. .

This is the wonderful thing about being in a sub-field where I never, ever, have to see desktop systems :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
What was going through your mind, I'll never know...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
So...

i recently sold my 2.0ghz CD macbook....

I have a confession....I went and bought a special Edition HP 2700 series.

Not gonna lie. The hardware is sweet....

HOWEVER...

Im taking it back, and buying a mbp :)

Cant leave the Apple routes :)
OK, but you'll have to be placed on a one-year probation for such a severe violation! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.