Salutory Lesson - red faced plonker alert!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Today I was at my wits end. My new MBP had a CD stuck in the drive and NOTHING would shift it.

Yes I tried the mouse button on start up etc etc. Contacted Apple support and went through all the remote resetting etc etc.

Eventually went to the Sheffield Apple shop where a very kind guy removed a circular piece of clear polythene AND the disk. Boy, I didn't know where to put my face - after 20 years on computers this had NEVER happened.

So guys and girls, beware the media plonkers who do this to CDs and DVDs and the plonker in each of us who doesn't look.

I would hate anybody to go through the embarrassment I went through today. In flying circles we say 'don't assume - CHECK'. Perhaps that's a good lesson for life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
glad they were able to fix your problem. i also admire your honesty i dont think i would have posted a story like that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.