How do I undock the default programs at the bottom?

D

dotmac

I want to remove the IE, sherlock, mail, address book, ical, iphoto, and imovie icons down at the bottom of the screen. I'd also like to add camino as a default down there. So...how do I go about doing this?

OP
H

hokiethang

dotmac said:
I want to remove the IE, sherlock, mail, address book, ical, iphoto, and imovie icons down at the bottom of the screen. I'd also like to add camino as a default down there. So...how do I go about doing this?

to remove: drag them off the dock

to add: drag them to the dock

its that simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
:) mac is easy as **** :D

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Graphite said:
:) mac is easy as **** :D

Tell me about it, I had a PC user over the other night and whilst browsing with Safari we came across an image that he liked and he said "Can you email me the link?" I said I could do better than that and opened Mail, clicked on compose, dragged the image straight to the email and then sent it to his email address. He was really impressed that I'd done it without recourse to a single menu!

I then impressed him even more by starting up multiple QuickTime movies and docking/undocking them, none of the movies playing in the windows even blinked and all ran at full speed regardless of how many I started up or what size they were. I think I may have another convert. ;)

Amen-Moses

OP
J

JazzTrpt

Amen-Moses said:
Tell me about it, I had a PC user over the other night and whilst browsing with Safari we came across an image that he liked and he said "Can you email me the link?" I said I could do better than that and opened Mail, clicked on compose, dragged the image straight to the email and then sent it to his email address. He was really impressed that I'd done it without recourse to a single menu!

I then impressed him even more by starting up multiple QuickTime movies and docking/undocking them, none of the movies playing in the windows even blinked and all ran at full speed regardless of how many I started up or what size they were. I think I may have another convert. ;)

Amen-Moses

Keep up the good work! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.