User Name

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the Mac world of computing but when I signed up to this forum it only asked for email and password but no type of username and I have noticed everyone else here posting with a username. Did I miss something? I am posting with my email instead of a username. I have gone to edit profile but still doesn't give the option.

OP
F
Reaction score
Nobody knows....why doesn't that surprise me. This is the first forum I've signed up for that doesn't ask for a username or offer an edit to username.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Speak with an administrator to have this issue rectified.

Schweb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
when i signed up i was able to put in a user name...check in your settings...

OP
F
Reaction score
I just logged out and tried a separate setup and it then offered a username but didn't before. The problem is it won't let me edit for a username now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You missed something somewhere. This is right off the forum and the next page right after you put in your age and hit agree.

Like Kash correctly pointed out, you need to contact an Admin to fix it for you.

Picture 1.jpg

OP
F
Reaction score
You missed something somewhere. This is right off the forum and the next page right after you put in your age and hit agree.

Yes, I got that when I tried a second time but it didn't offer it when I signed it first time. Strange.

OP
F
Reaction score
 on it...Ill try it again and create a different account and be done with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15" 1GHz 768MB 60GB
 on it...Ill try it again and create a different account and be done with it.

There's no need to make a new account.... like everyone else has said, PM schweb and he'll get everything sorted out for you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There's no need to make a new account.... like everyone else has said, PM schweb and he'll get everything sorted out for you.

Yes, do *not* create another account. I can assure you that it would be frowned upon. Either Schweb or iWhat should be able to get you straightened out (keep in mind that it is now 2:30am in this part of the world).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
How about we skip the administrator and fire the designer for not including such a basic feature? :D

Or how about you learn how to use a basic signup form? :Confused:

OP
F
Reaction score
Or how about you learn how to use a basic signup form? :Confused:

Basic sign up form was screwed up for some reason. Usually when a signup form is Incomplete it tells you so when you click the Proceed, Next, Finished or whatever. This one just had email and password. I tried it again afterwards and it brought up the correct information. Strange.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Note: Username changed.

Yeah, we'd prefer to just change the name than a member making another account. Happy Posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.