Mac Pro Gaming in Windows

Reaction score
Looking to change my entire home user experience over to a new Mac and one thing that I am not familair with will be Windows Gaming on the Dual Xeon processors. Have any of you had experience in this area. Will be running Boot Camp and using XP Pro ( NO Vista). Using the 8800 NVidia card I am assuming that there will be no problems and I should have all the speed I need for current gen games (Call of Duty 4 etc...)
Any input?

Reaction score
The Xeon processor itself is basically a C2D/C2Q of the same speed. The recent shortage of E8400's had gamers flocking to the Xeon E3110. http://www.circuitremix.com/index.php?q=node/122

The motherboard required FB-DIMMS, which may incur a slight performance penalty, but nothing too noticeable.

As you probably know, XP cannot do DX10 gaming. It also can't support more than 4GB of RAM, and can't properly handle even that much.

Reaction score
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I too am about to buy a new mac pro. I am keeping my windows SLI box for gaming. If push comes to shove that may be an option you can explore. I for one don't really want to run windows software on my soon to be new mac. Its not that it doesn't work but more of a why bother thing. If I have to run windows on my mac to get done the things I want/need to get done, then maybe a mac may not be a wise platform for me. with that said I may have to climb off my soapbox in order not to have to re-purchase really expensive software again though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.