Looking at getting a Mac?

Reaction score
My name is Devon I am new here and I am looking at buying a mac desktop for me and my wife. The main reason I'm looking at a mac is cause a lot of my friends say that the software on them is better than microsoft. The only thing that me and my wife do is lots of music, movies and pictures on our current laptops. Any input would be great on what software they use because I cant remember the last time I used a mac and it was just to get on the interenet. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
what software who uses?
as for music , movies and pictures a mac should be fine it has garageband , imovie and iphoto.
which mac desktop have u been thinking about?
if you have a spare screen the mac mini should be good , as you sound like you are not doing anything to demanding.

OP
D
Reaction score
I was actually looking at the mac mini but I would have to find a moniter at a good price. But I think that my wife likes the imac more. Are only certain moniters and key boards compatible with mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
most moniters, keyboards, and mice are completely compatible with macs. iMacs are really nice, but are somewhat pricey.

T

todd51

I would probably end up getting an iMac. I wouldn't want to bother buying a different screen for the Mac Mini. The iMacs are very nice machines, and I don't think they are over-priced for what you get out of it.

Reaction score
Music, movies and pictures is exactly one thing I really like about the Mac over the PC. It just seems to work better for me and more user friendly. Go for the iMac! You won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
The iLife package comes with everything you would need for that, and it comes free in all the new apples. Some people dislike iPhoto but I've never had problems with it. They say if you have like 1000+ photos it doesn't organize them well. Once again no problems with that here but you could keep it in mind. There is iMovie for sticking your movie clips together and adding captions, there is iWeb for maing easy websites, iTunes for all your music and you can play movies in it. Anything having to do with music, movies, and photos can be down with the iMac or whatever right out of the box using the iLife package.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.