Moved my Dock to Right Side--A Big Improvement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Desktop space is at a premium on my MacBook. While I never find myself wishing the screen was wider, I do sometimes which it was taller, particularly when working on documents in portrait format (word processing, reading pdfs, etc.)

The screen is 7 inches tall, but the dock made the bottom 15% of the screen unusable as workspace. Anyhow, I moved the dock to the right side of the screen and I love it! I don't miss the inch of space on the far right, but I can now read and type all the way down to the very bottom of the screen. It makes a significant difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
yah, i hide it when im using photoshop and flash.!

i dont really use it at all to launch cause of quicksilver though.
just for my few stacks for websites im working on and downloads...

didnt think itd be nice off to a side but maybe i will give it a try... hmm..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I used to be a "side Docker" back when I had my Mini and a regular CRT 4:3 ratio monitor. Since getting a Macbook and wide screen LCD for external I've put it on the bottom. Why? Because it's the Mac thing to do. ;D Usually at my desk it's not a problem because I work mainly in the external, and the dual monitors are arranged vertically so the Dock is way on the bottom on the Macbook screen, with the Mac Menu up at the top.

When on the go, I have a little set of procedures before disconnecting everything and packing up and one of the last things I do before the lid gets closed for transport is I resize the dock down to as small as it goes. Really, really tiny for max real estate. I use Dock magnification so even though I can barely see the icons once the mouse is down on it I can select the apps.
Reconnect, etc, and I resize the Dock back to it's usual size, which is all the way across the bottom of the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
hmm..

this is why i love this forum. :D

i will check that out as well.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.