Installation of Illustrator 10 is crashing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
black macbook OSX v10.5.8, 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM
Pretty simply I'm trying to install illustrator v 10 on my macbook (spec in my profile) aaaand, it's crashing. Every time.
it goes through looking for the previous version ('tis an upgrade), promts me to do it manually (as no v9 installed) or input serial, which i do, it then asks for v10 serial, i input that, and then.... pouf! it crashes.

any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Pretty simply I'm trying to install illustrator v 10 on my macbook (spec in my profile) aaaand, it's crashing. Every time.
it goes through looking for the previous version ('tis an upgrade), promts me to do it manually (as no v9 installed) or input serial, which i do, it then asks for v10 serial, i input that, and then.... pouf! it crashes.

any ideas?

That is a rather dated version of Illustrator. Pre-OS X dated.
I would doubt that there is any support or compatibility for it in Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
That is a rather dated version of Illustrator. Pre-OS X dated.
I would doubt that there is any support or compatibility for it in Leopard.

It's sounding like this. It also sounds like your best way of getting an answer is straight through Adobe themselves. They'll do it quicker and faster than us. I know I can't help since I haven't touched Illustrator 10 in years (oh god...the horrible memories of OS9 at work)

OP
titina
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for your replies guys... what's puzzling is the other -dated- adobe software i've layed my grubby little mits on ( ;) ) have installed without any hitches... oh well...

Reaction score
Wait, am I reading this correctly? You are using an Illustrator upgrade but have no prior Illustrator on your machine? I would think that would cause a problem. I think you need a full version of Illustrator.

@D3v1L80Y: Illustrator 10 isn't THAT old. Yes, it's old, but I have a copy and on the box it says it's works on os 10.2, so it at least came out after os X.

OP
titina
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wait, am I reading this correctly? You are using an Illustrator upgrade but have no prior Illustrator on your machine? I would think that would cause a problem. I think you need a full version of Illustrator.

@D3v1L80Y: Illustrator 10 isn't THAT old. Yes, it's old, but I have a copy and on the box it says it's works on os 10.2, so it at least came out after os X.

yes you're reading this correctly, it's an upgrade and i don't have the v 9 installed and no it's not a problem as during the installation it looks for the previous version and when it doesn't find it it prompts you (amongst other options) to input the serial number of the previous version to verify that you have it. so. not the problem in this instance.

by the by... photoshop v7 (yes, i know it's old) although it installed without any problems it won't even start... crashes on opening... sigh, i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and find a more recent version of the adobe software if i wanna run it on my mac at home...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.