webcam?

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
It may sound like a simply question but I've had a search and spent a few hours playing and I can't find any apps that'll start the webcam on my macbook..

I just want to check it works...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
well iChat is one program...you can chat with other people who also have iChat, and its pretty cool, you can show your desktop, go through slide shows, use the image effects, or just use it for normal chat...the other user needs to be using iChat though. Also, I haven't used it but I guess the new AIM also supports it so people using that can chat.

I personally use skype...its free, and other people I know are signed up for it and it works pretty well. Hope that helps

OP
J_K

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh. yeah.

Never thought of skype. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I wish I could remember the name, but apparently adium has a plugin (until they actually get webcam support) that puts it in the browser...

I've tried amsn, which I liked pre v .96 (I think it was) but after I downloaded the update it would shut down and is fairly slow loading... But many ppl don't have problems with it.. I haven't tried it but there is also mercury messenger I think...

It also depends... I did have my webcam started on it's own and displaying on the desktop only with macam drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Photo Booth is good for offline stuff as well.

OP
J_K

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Photobooth was the one I ended up getting to work.

Thats a funny little bit of software!

Reaction score
I just got Yahoo Messenger working on my MacBookPro (Leopard). I had no problems seeing the webcam using my Thinkpad on a second account. I just used iChat to set up a AIM account but haven't yet tried it with a remote computer. Just dismiss the box that pops up trying to sucker you into the Apple service.

--- CHAS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.