Review: Artwizz Seejacket

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi guys!

After seeing all the interest in this case in another thread, I got in touch with Artwizz (who are based here in Germany) and asked them if it would be possible to review this case for Mac-Forums.com.

So without further ado, here are my impressions of the Artwizz Seejack Crystal:

Artwizz%20Review-11.jpg

The standout feature of this case is of course the fact that the entire front is protected by a unique hard plastic faceplate that allows touches to be recognised by the iPhone through the case.

Fit and Build Quality
The case consists of two halves:
- The top shell covers the entire front surface and most of the black area where the antenna is located. It has cutouts for the volume and mute switches on the side as well as for the headphone jack, standby button, microphone and speaker on the top and bottom.

The two halves slide together easily, but firmly, and the iPhone fits very snugly - it doesn't wobble or wiggle inside at all. There is a slight bit of a gap between the two shells, but it's hardly noticeable.

Usability
Any hard case will add some bulk, but the Seejacket still remains a very comfortable size and the iPhone still easily fits inside a jeans pocket.
The buttons are slightly harder to get to as the case adds a bit of depth, but the difference is only slight, so it's not really a big deal.

Artwizz%20Review-13.jpg

Artwizz%20Review-15.jpg

The touch interface is very responsive through the special material that covers it - only very light "brushes" are not recognized (e.g. lightly skimming your finger over the screen won't work - you'll need to at least press down very lightly).
When typing I find I actually hit fewer wrong keys as you're required to use just a tiny bit more force and it's harder to accidently activate wrong keys.

Artwizz%20Review-17.jpg

Compatibility
The iPhone will not fit into its docking station whilst in the case, but the cutout around the dock connector is large enough for you to be able to plug in a USB cable directly.

The headphone jack cutout is only slightly larger than the iPhone's itself, so 3rd party headphones or headset adapters can be a tight fit.
I didn't think my Shure headphone adapter cable with Mic would fit at first, but if you plug it in before putting the iPhone in the case, it seems to just about fit. The regular iPhone headset works just fine of course.

Conclusion
I've been using this case for the last 2 days now and so far I'm quite impressed. The iPhone feels really protected and I don't feel the need to "baby" it so much when it's lying on a table or if I set it down somewhere it could slip down from. The additional bulk doesn't add much heft at all and it should fit in most loose-fitting jeans pockets just fine.

Overall I have to say I really like this case - it offers direct access to the touchscreen, protection and looks quite nice too!

You can find more info on Artwizz's page , in the US you can purchase the original Seejacket at www.Jr.com.

A note on similar cases
According to iLounge, this case is similar to a case currently being offered by another company. However Artwizz have not authorized any companies to use their design and are currently looking into legal options. So don't assume this review applies to the other cases, they're probably just cheap "lookalikes".

More pics
Artwizz%20Review-1.jpg

Artwizz%20Review-5.jpg

Artwizz%20Review-9.jpg

Artwizz%20Review-12.jpg

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No followup questions? :)

Reaction score
Ive got it - and you said the buttons where not that annoying - yet I find the on off switch almost unbearably difficult to get too...

What do you think?

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ive got it - and you said the buttons where not that annoying - yet I find the on off switch almost unbearably difficult to get too...

What do you think?
Yeah - they are a bit tricky, but I usually just use the tip of my thumb and can get to eat quite easily.

But maybe it depends on the size of your fingers...
The volume switch I actually like more: the indent of the case helps me to feel it through my jeans better - I always used to hit volume up instead of down - but now I get it right away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Does it fit in your Pockets easy?
Is the material its made out of sturdy(do is it feel breakable in other words)?
I herd from someone that there is a bad glare is it true?

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does it fit in your Pockets easy?
Yeah - it really only adds a few mm thickness, so if the iPhone fits your pockets without the case, it should still fit with this case on.
Is the material its made out of sturdy(do is it feel breakable in other words)?
It is that "rigid" type of plastic that feels "snappable", but honestly when the iPhone is inside the case, both feel pretty solid. Even if I were to drop it, I don't think anything would break.
I herd from someone that there is a bad glare is it true?
Nope, at least not on the black / clear version I tested. It is a plastic cover, so light does reflect off it quite well, but once the iPhone's screen is on it's still useable even in direct sunlight.
I used it in the park yesterday for a few hours while sitting right in the sun and glare was never an issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.