• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

About that movie ?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
So this afternoon i went to see The Forbidden Kingdom. Due to all the hype and excitement my friends and family had over this movie, i decided to go see it for myself. I was wondering if i was the only one that found this movie a little cheesy? I love martial arts movies, along with Jackie Chan and Jet Lee, but this one did not hit the spot for me. So if u will.... let me know if you were impressed or unsatisfied.O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I was wondering if i was the only one that found this movie a little cheesy........ with Jackie Chan
Okay, you're talking about the star of such fine, cinematic blockbusters like "The Tuxedo", "Rush Hour 3" and "Shanghai Nights".... not to mention his very own Saturday morning cartoon.... and you seem surprised the movie is a little cheesy?

I'm certain you can practically taste the sarcasm dripping from this post, if not... then I worry for you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Okay, you're talking about the star of such fine, cinematic blockbusters like "The Tuxedo", "Rush Hour 3" and "Shanghai Nights".... not to mention his very own Saturday morning cartoon.... and you seem surprised the movie is a little cheesy?

How true...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It sounded interesting to hear the two were in the movie. I probably would have missed it even if I didn't read DB's coomments.

Very insightful DB!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It looks pretty cheesy from the previews: definitely not a "House of Flying Daggers" or "Hero". But I'll probably still see it.

I'm actually a bit surprised Jet Lee is doing this since he said he was done making strictly martial arts movies. I guess because this is a "cheesy" movie, it doesn't count?

OP
MDCjr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
But usually their films are directed well. Yes the special effects were impressive, but where this movie really lacked was the dialog. I don't think you can compare any of Jackie Lee's movies to this one. Maybe i am just one of those too hard to please types ?! but I will say that Li Bingbing was looking pretty good with the white hair lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
phphoaaa (jackie chans fist)... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
He's had some serious roles, but non of them are shown in the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
OK... fess up!!! How many of you were able to see Cloverfield without a barf bag?

OP
MDCjr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
i didnt like clover field either... the director had an outstanding idea, but in the end; it either made your head hurt, or left you in deep confusion. I had to do some background research on the story line to make sense of it. And boy was that a horrible ending lmao.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
OK... fess up!!! How many of you were able to see Cloverfield without a barf bag?

You know how you always want to strangle the camera guy with home videos like that? Well, they captured that aspect pretty well, but it doesn't make for good entertainment. I just couldn't bare to hear him say "What is that?" or "did you see that?" one more time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.