• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I need help making a decision...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Alright, so I am considering getting a mac mini (the faster one) as I havent had a new mac ever and my G4 is getting outdated. I have already been approved for credit from Apple for 19/ month however I cant seem to make myself order it. I am going to have to ship my G4 to Hawaii anyway so it would cost money. Should I get the mini or stick with the G4?

I know this question gets asked thousands of times on this forum but I could use some advice. Do you think I would be able to sell my G4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
You know you're going to do it. Order it now and get it over with! That is my recommendation!

I have no clue what you could sell your G4 for today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Flip a coin.

If you are not happy with the result, do the other one.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol vague :p I am leaning towards buying it. Do people enjoy them?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
lol vague :p I am leaning towards buying it. Do people enjoy them?

$19/month is the minimum payment, I assume? How long is the term? If it's longer than the useful life of the machine (generally about 3 years on a low-end machine) and $19/month is all you can afford, then I would recommend against it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
19/ a month is the minimum however if I get a refurb it will be lower. I would probably pay closer to 30/month. Plus if I can sell my G4 it will help

Reaction score
I throughly enjoyed my mini while I had it, it was speedy quick, and served its purpose. I say sell the G4, and get it. (Pay no attention to my sig, it died as a result of my stupidity and impatience)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
Just bought the higher end Mac Mini myself last week and I really enjoy it. It's taking me some time getting used to the Mac OS again, but other then that it's been great. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The mini is a cool little computer. If you can hold out, wait till an update. You can get the new one save a few extra dollars on the one getting the axe.

Or buy refurbished.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have 2 Mini's here. I really like the Mini.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay . I have decided to get it (refurbished). Now I just need to sell the G4..
thanks for your input!!

Reaction score
I have been wondering when you were going to upgrade, since we have the same speed/model, i've sort of used other people as a template.

But, I can't afford to upgrade. Maybe if I get a job this summer. ;P
(Although i don't think i'm up to Michigan's legal employment age, but i don't remember what that is off of the top of my head)

Good luck to you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.