Few Mac newbie questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
How do I add new folders to the bar at the bottom where GarageBand etc.. is located? Also, is there a way to configure Safari so that when I am on a website and open another website it automatically opens a new tab without me holding down the CTRL button on my windows keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I have no idea about your Garageband question, however, I can help you with you Safari question. I hate to say it, but the answer is no. Either hold down the command key or right-click and select "Open Link in New Tab". It's become automatic to me now so I don't even think about it anymore.

Reaction score
To get folders or applications into the bar at the bottom, you simply drag the icon into the bar.

As for Safari, there is no way to automatically configure it, but if you are opening a link from another page, you can do what is suggested in the above post or if you are just wanting a new page, you can hit command T and a new tab will open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I can help you with you Safari question. I hate to say it, but the answer is no. Either hold down the command key or right-click and select "Open Link in New Tab". It's become automatic to me now so I don't even think about it anymore.

As for Safari, there is no way to automatically configure it, but if you are opening a link from another page, you can do what is suggested in the above post or if you are just wanting a new page, you can hit command T and a new tab will open.

Not true! :D

You can do this in the terminal.

Launch the Terminal (found in Applications/Utilities or by finding it in spotlight). Once the terminal is launched, type in the below command exactly as it is (copy and paste it to be safe)

defaults write com.apple.Safari TargetedClicksCreateTabs -bool true

Kill Safari (cmd-quit) and relaunch. It should now open new links in new tabs, as long as they're 'offsite', similar to how Firefox works.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
Ok thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
thanks for that Zoolook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.