Planning on getting tomorrow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Well, tomorrow after school I'm planning on getting my first Mac, the MBP 15" 2.4 :) However, unfortunately I am buying from Best Buy for the Accidental damage replacement plan and BB doesn't have Glossy 15" :\ So I will be getting the Matte (not my first choice) I am worried that in direct sunlight the Matte will be drowned out and very hard to read. But I will get it tomorrow! Time for sleep.. Just got back from Disney World, now I'm extremely tired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Congrats! I'm sure no one could have told that you didn't already have your Mac ;) hope you enjoy it, I'm planning on upgrading to one of those soon, a great machine. At least with the Matte it won't get real smudged :D. Really though enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You don't have a Mac yet? And here I was thinking you've had one since day one ;P

As for the matte thing, it's actually the glossy screen that suffers in direct sunlight because of its reflective properties, not the matte one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4gHz, iTouch, MBP 2.5gHz
Although I realize that it is purely a personal decision, I really prefer the matte screen on a notebook. I have a glossy screen Toshiba Qosmio that I keep solely for the purpose of running Quickbooks. I use both the Toshiba and the MBP outside, and most definitely prefer the matte screen. I have the MBP hooked up to a 22 in. Viewsonic monitor in the office, and I also chose a matte finish on that as well. The iMac probably won't ever get dragged outdoors in the bright sunshine, so glossy is fine for that one, but a notebook will be going outdoors for sure. If you love glossy, then matte for the notebook, and glossy for the attached monitor. Life is prefect!!!!!
Congratulations on your purchase, and thanks for your input to the forums. Your posts have always been honest and intelligent. Have fun!!!
Cam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Congrats on your decision to get a mbp. it is certainly a good one. i too would probably go for the matte finish as i do end up out side with my notebook.

let us know how it goes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac 2.0ghz w/ Superdrive. 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive w/ Leopard OS
Got a Mac Mini myself last week. It's my first move into Mac computers in over a decade. The majority of my home network is still pc though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
You don't have a Mac yet? And here I was thinking you've had one since day one

Ahaha, i was thinking the same thing. I was wondering if the shock from one of the roller coasters or the big over sized mouse gave him amnesia. Well congratz on your new rig man! Enjoy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
ps... I also went with the bbuy coverage. Like you said, accidental coverage! Plus u can get a battery replacement every year :)

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ps... I also went with the bbuy coverage. Like you said, accidental coverage! Plus u can get a battery replacement every year :)

Batter replacement, really? How would I go about that? Leaving in a few hours once my mother gets back from hair cut! :D Can't wait! I'll play some pokemon red version on GB until she gets back... darn friend was playing it and now I want to play it again. Such a classic and fun game. haha.

... It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!... I want to shoot myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Batter replacement, really? How would I go about that? Leaving in a few hours once my mother gets back from hair cut! :D Can't wait! I'll play some pokemon red version on GB until she gets back... darn friend was playing it and now I want to play it again. Such a classic and fun game. haha.

... It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!... I want to shoot myself.
You sound excited. Can't understand why?!? LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's a thought ... right now your soon-to-be Mac is in a box just waiting for you. Listen ... you can almost hear it calling your name! Enjoy the wait... LOL!

OP
ogacon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
... Have I ever told you we aren't friends?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
Congarats.....I have now also converted the wife ( desktop ) to a imac so windows is history. My mbp has glossy and to be honest for day to day use the matte is better as the glossy has reflection. I beleive, from expereince, you wont loose anything with the matte.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright man, we're waitin'....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
hey man...I just my my MBP 15" 2.5ghz with the matte screen and have used it in the sun numerous times. It looks amazing and its much better than my glossy screened laptop. I think the colors and everything look much better on the matte.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
I think you might be surprised. I just got mine (as you know hehe) and it's soo cool because when light shines in the window I swear it automatically adjusts the screen brightness to make up for it. I didn't know it did this but I promise you it does and I've not had any light problems like I did with my old pc laptop. I can always see it.

And lol just like everyone else said, I thought you had a mac too, omg you're going to love it lol.

PS. My house is VERY open, and a LOT of light shines in, it's like being outside all the time. And seriously no problems so don't worry about it. And wow I wish I would have gotten it from best knowing it has accident insurance and battery replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Yeah the MacBook Pro has an ambient light sensor built in under one of the speakers, great feature isn't it?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Batter replacement, really? How would I go about that?

You just call the 1800 number in your protection plan pamphlet and they will send you a replacement battery. I just found this out last week from my local bbuy store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.