Installing flip2mac problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
How do I install flip2mac??? I've tried to watch video sites and I get that I need to install it, so it sends me to the website I download the program, install it and then it still says I need it. The program that I download everytime is some windows components.dmg. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz, 2GB Ram, 880GS Video; 500GB HD
New guy here as well, but I did learn about this last night.

The .dmg file is like a zip file of sorts. When it appears on your desktop click it. That will open another window with the actual program in it. Take that actual program file and drag it into the applications folder. Close the second window and then eject the .dmg file to remove it...done deal.

Reaction score
Actually this is a program that runs an installer. So you download Flip4Mac and I just tested it out, once it finished downloading it mounted the dmg automaticly and started the installer. If it didn't for you than double click the Flip4Mac WMV.mpkg.

After the installer does it's thing you'll have a Flip4Mac folder in your applications folder and there'll be a Flip4Mac icon in the "other" section in System Preferences. Just make sure they're there.

Also quit and restart your browser.

If that didn't work than maybe it's not a Windows Media video you're trying to watch.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad Core Processors, 2 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 1.5 TB of storage.
Ahhh thank you! The last one there was the money maker for me. I know about the dragging and dropping into applications, which is why this didn't work. thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.